Rickenbacker Inland Port
Global Logistics Park, Trucking, Rail, Air, All In One Location
Rickenbacker Global Logistics Park
- Strategically located in the middle of the Rickenbacker Inland Port
Rickenbacker Global Logistics Park Map
- Will provide up to 29 million square feet of additional development space to complement the 40 million square feet of existing space
- Five campuses provide tenants access to three major transportation options – road, rail and air.
- The ability to obtain Foreign Trade Zone status.
- Development opportunities accommodating up to 30 buildings.
- Convenient access to passenger-focused Port Columbus International Airport.
- Located within a 10-hour drive to more than 50 percent of the U.S. and Canadian populations
- Is home to some of the industry’s best ground transportation companies in the industry.
- Forward Air has located one of their 12 regional sorting facilities here, providing logistics services to North American air freight and expedited less than truckload (LTL) markets
- CEVA, one of the world’s leading logistics companies, offers end-to-end design, implementation, and operational capabilities in freight forwarding, contract logistics, transportation management, and distribution management
- Towne Air Freight is a full-service trucking provider offering time-sensitive, less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments for both air freight and commercial companies.
Rickenbacker Inland Port is serviced by two of the largest rail providers in the United States, Norfolk Southern and CSX.
Norfolk Southern Rickenbacker Intermodal Terminal
- Capable of handling more than 400,000 containers annually
- Operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is also a major transporter of coal and industrial products
- Covering approximately 21,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, Norfolk Southern serves every major container port in the eastern United States and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers
- Norfolk Southern’s Heartland Corridor project expands tunnel clearances to allow double-stacked intermodal trains from Norfolk, Virginia to Columbus, Ohio and Chicago. Rickenbacker is one of three new terminals, along with one in Prichard, West Virginia and Roanoke, Virginia. (link to 3.3) This greatly increases efficiencies and lowers rail costs.
- Provides traditional rail service and the transport of intermodal containers in Columbus and beyond
- Overall, the CSX Transportation network encompasses about 21,000 route miles of track in 23 states, the District of Columbia and the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec
- CSX and Union Pacific have cargo transfer sites in Marion Intermodal, which is located in Marion, about an hour north of Rickenbacker.
Rickenbacker U.S. sea and rail routes
Rickenbacker International Airport
- One of the world’s only cargo-dedicated airports
- Over 200,000 square feet (18,581 square meters) of air cargo facility space
- 130 acres (52 hectares) of uncongested cargo ramp with a hydrant fueling system
- Two parallel 12,000-foot (3,660 meter) runways
- Category II Instrument Landing System for all-weather landing capabilities
- FedEx Air, FedEx Ground and UPS regional hubs located on-site
- International freighter service provided by Cargolux, Kalitta, Atlas and others
- Extensive end-of-runway development opportunities
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection on-site
- Open every day, all day
- Convenient access to passenger-dedicated Port Columbus International Airport
- General aviation amenities
Rickenbacker air routes from U.S. to Europe.
Rickenbacker air routes from U.S. to Asia